Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

It's funny.

My whole life revolves around holidays. And it never fails...there is always disaster.

Don't get me wrong, I try to have everything in order, and not destroy the holiday. But it never fails. I've been the "Holiday Destroyer" for nearly 29 years now...its more of my alter ego than anything.

So today is Mother's Day. This one has always been destroyed. Ask my mother.

With Jenn I try to keep it relaxed and calm...usually only minor disasters happen...food spills, kids in trouble (and I yell at them on Mother's Day...always bad), etc.


This morning I woke up Jen to go out to eat.

For Husbands Reading this: DO NOT WAKE UP YOUR WIFE ON MOTHER'S DAY.

I had talked to Jen the night before, and we agreed we would go out for food.

I repeat: DO NOT WAKE UP YOUR WIFE ON MOTHER'S DAY.


So, it didn't start out the best, but after some hugs by the kiddos and some good food, hopefully I don't destroy this holiday.

Enjoy the peanuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment