Sunday, January 9, 2011

Coming of Age

Many nights have passed where the knowledge of the day slides through my hands.
I may have a grain left on my fingertip, but that grain usually blows away on the wind of another day.  To understand what I have seen today, I need to see it again, and again, and again.

Monday's knowledge is learned on Friday, with no usefulness in the present except to identify a reoccurring past.  So as one gets older, they have a clearer vision of things seen before.  Those who stand out are those who create something that has never been seen.

I want to stand out.

Over the next four days I want to deeply reflect on "Stand Out" qualities of a:

  • Husband
  • Father
  • Friend
  • Mentor

With a clear understanding of who I am, I can create the person I want to become.

~josh

No comments:

Post a Comment