Sunday, February 6, 2011

Daddy Daughter Day

Last weekend was Guy's Weekend with Nick.

We had a blast.

Saturday, (as my daughter has asked me EVERY day when her day was...) is Daddy Daughter Day.

We kicked it off bright and early.

Lauren was so excited about Daddy Daughter Day, that she was talking about everything she saw.

"Daddy, we are going to Starbucks!...we can look for the Starbucks sign...it is so sunny...we have to go to the Starbucks on the right side of the road...daddy daughter day is going to be awesome..."



She was bubbling by the time we reached the Starbucks door.  "Anything you want, just tell the lady behind the counter."

"Hello sweetie, what can I get for you?"

Lauren looked at me and smiled. "A Grande Carmel Frappuccino, and a Pink Mini Donut with Sprinkles."

First came the mini donut, which we hid until later...



Then came the greatest thing EVER.


"Where do you want to go now?"

"Barnes and No-Vels" She said through her straw.

We headed into Barnes and Noble, because, as Lauren puts it: "they have the bestest music".

We went to the back of the store and put on some headphones.  "We need to listen to this Dad!"

Speak Now

"Yeah we do!"

"I'm going to tell all the kids in school that my Dad and I listened to Lady GaGa!"

The Fame Monster [Deluxe Edition]

And then the dancing began - as we now have half of a Grande Frap in the tummy.


We listened to every song - then decided to check out the rest of the store.

My wife reads the blog so we can't type what we bought....

Then Lauren hit the mother load:


(The Mall)

We opened the door into Macy's and saw an entire section devoted to Hello Kitty. In which the crowning jewel was this thing:

Hello Kitty SMS Text Messenger in Pink By Sakar / Sanrio

A two person text messenger.  This was my daughter's sales pitch (I don't know where she gets it....arrrr)

"Daddy I don't want to give anyone else the other text messenger.  I want to give it to you so we can text message about Daddy Daughter Day stuff."

Yeah....bag it.  I don't care how much this thing is.

Then we go into the mall and Lauren heads right to Helzberg Diamonds.  (I'm pretty sure that girls are programed that way.)

"What's your birthday?" The lady working behind the counter is obviously intelligent, selling to the daughter, to make Dad buy.  

"This is your birthstone!" 



"Daddy - that's my favorite color!"

Yeah - not going to work twice.  I told Lauren she can have the WHOLE magazine! She was excited to circle everything she liked.  (Way cheaper than the mall stones...)

We went into Hot Topic because they had Hello Kitty t-shirts in the window.  

They had all bows half off, so Lauren picked out her favorite.

"Can you put them in?"

Not so good with the hairbows - and making them look good.  But, hey, I'm in the mall.  I can find someone to put some hairbows in.

I went to a salon downstairs.  And I must have said the secret password or something.

*Enter a moderately busy salon filled with women*

"Hi, I just bought my daughter some hairbows for Daddy Daughter Day and I don't know how to put them in.  Is there any way someone can help me out?"

Immediately there were 7 women surrounding my daughter - who now has an entire Carmel Frap in the tummy - and she is talking to them all at about 200 miles an hour.

She comes back to the front of the salon, and they send me on my way - no payment necessary.  (Even though I insisted - they refused).



Downstairs we go....to the Movies!

I can't get the girl to stop smiling.  "Daddy why does everyone always smile at me?"

We grab two tickets to a great Daddy Daughter Day movie:


Awesome movie, actually one of the best Disney movies I have seen in a long time.

We added some Sour Patch kids and popcorn to the Carmel Frap.  The movie ended and Lauren said:

"I think I'm ready for some healthy real food now."

Out to lunch we went - for soup!


We love the buzzing light coasters.


Somewhere between 2003 and now, my little girl has grown up!  Eating soup and talking to Dad.  I loved every minute of it, and I can't wait for the next Daddy Daughter Day!


~Proud Dad

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much. This was the sweetest post! Keep it up, Dad...you'll win an award for this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this man. Amidst all the crazyness, I cannot wait to be a father!

    ReplyDelete