Monday, February 14, 2011

Definition: Husband, Part Four



Today's post would have never been written.  Ever.  If I had not met the people that have come into my life.

Today's post is a continuation of a series I have been writing about what makes a "stand out" husband.  What can men do, that can make them stand out from every husband in the world.  My ideas have been laid out here, here and here.

Stand Out Quality: Growth

As I wrote, if it was not for the people that have come into my life, I could not write this post.

The growth of a man is determined fully within his actions.  As men grow older, they don't necessarily grow up.  It takes a truly stand out man to grow in his relationship.

I am a firm believer that a man can only grow so much by himself.  He has to have a support system of people surrounding him with opportunities to grow, learn and change.


As each truss has a specific place, they all hold up the bridge.

I have used a support system for the last year, and have found vast improvement within my relationship.  Another person allows your strong vision to become weakened.  We, as men, are so sure of our actions, until someone else picks them apart.  In my small circle, I call it "Time Out For Twix".






(Josh's End to the ad: HOME RUN!  HOME RUN! RED SOX WIN!! SOX WIN!!)

Seriously, I have found that my entire temperament has changed.  Things that used to infuriate me, now don't even phase me.  

Don't get me wrong, the process of growing is extremely difficult.  I have been through one step forward, 3 steps back. And then maybe another step back - before I thought about stepping forward again.

But that isn't the theme.  It doesn't matter if you take a step back, it is the step forward and the growth it took to take that step.  After a while the steps back - are still steps forward!  

I'm getting closer to uncovering the whole picture of a stand out husband!  Much to my surprise, many men want to know the secrets of a stand out husband.  

My blog is now read in:
United States of America
Canada
India
Bulgaria
Brazil
Germany
South Korea



Now the mission has turned world wide, and I am excited to write more about it.

Thanks for reading.

~cft

No comments:

Post a Comment