Saturday, February 19, 2011

Last Night At The Bar

This post is for everyone who has ever started a story with "last night at the bar".


To quote my good friend John

"People are always more interesting over beer."

Being in a business that causes me to travel weekly, I end up in bars all over the country.  I have found some of the most interesting people in these places.
(I thought it was the people, but it may have been the beer...who knows.)

Most relationships are built piece by piece; a process that could take years to cultivate.  It's funny how a bar can shorten that time span.  One night you can learn someone's past. You can learn someone's current situation.  You can learn someone's hopes and dreams for the future.




Last night at the bar, a couple of complete strangers saw one of the coolest things I've ever seen.




Just being at this place built such a rapport.  Whether its Guy's Night, Girl's Night, or Get The Hell Out of the House Night, our relationships need this.

So next time you are thinking about just hanging out - sitting in the chair, or laying on the couch, remember how important "Last Night At The Bar" could be.

~cft

No comments:

Post a Comment