Monday, February 21, 2011

Quick Post # 2

For the last 5 years I have been trying to write a book.

And when I say "try" I use the term loosely.  Like: "I never pick up a pen and start to write anything down" kind of try.

It's funny how slow everyday can be...but you turn around and it's been five years.

I can't say for sure that I will complete the book this year (because...well, I've already said that once - or twice). I can say, for sure, that all of my writing online has definitely honed in some skills I haven't had in a while.  I used to write for days - and actually churn out quality material, without really trying.

I would write poem after poem, even creating short stories without knowing (for those that don't know - a short story is where Charles Fredrick Trendal was born).



I feel incredibly tuned in with those same creative thoughts.

So I'm opening up the notebook this week, and adding some pages to the book.  (Currently 18,000 words)

Maybe, just maybe I can get this thing to come together. (I know Jen will be happy - she has read a book with no ending for 5 years!)

~cft

No comments:

Post a Comment