Monday, March 28, 2011

Loneliness

There is a feeling in this world, that rips the souls from men.

Darkness so thick, you can not see what is right in front of you.

It comes in many forms, and many facets.  And it comes swiftly.

That feeling is loneliness.



As I travel, sometimes for an entire work day, by myself in my car, loneliness creeps in through the air vents.

It's funny, even when I get out of my car, loneliness sometimes decides to travel with me.  I can enter a room full of people, and feel alone.

It is a scary and desolate place.



Mother Teresa once said "“The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.”


Within my loneliness I have found that I don't even know myself.

Yet, as I examine who I am as a person, I find hope.  Knowing who you are is not the question you have to ask.  The right question is:

Who are you to others?

We as people are always changing, always reinventing ourselves.  Knowing ourselves fully is something we can strive for, but probably will never completely understand.

Who Are You To Others?


Our Love and Friendship with others destroys loneliness.  We become a reason for them.  A beacon of light.

Love is a powerful resource, that most of us take for granted.



Use this love, spread it over your relationships.

Loneliness won't be able to stay and chat.  Even though he loves that new car smell.

~cft

No comments:

Post a Comment