Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reflection

I have been in a state of deep reflection for the past 3 days.

I guess it would be great to tell you that life is perfect, and the reflection was to answer life's mysteries.  But, then you would know I'm lying.  

My reflection has been a cultivation of understanding past events, planning for my families future, and prayer.

I deal with frustration, stress or despair through writing; I use it as motivation.  The lighthouse of my life's beach, the calm sea to a weathered sailor.  It is through this lonely reflection, I am able to regroup.

Words are my quiet boat I travel on.  I see the whole forest from the water, as well as the fish in the lake. 


It's a way to step back and slow down life.  

As Emerson wrote, if a man is to be alone, let him look at the stars.

So I contemplate, and ponder.  Then I laugh, hopelessly tuned out from the world and it's nonsense.  

Write.

Wait.

Listen.

The kids are calm, the sun happens to be shining brightly in the room.  The music is perfect.

Yet, I have heard the song before, the kids are just playing, and the sun hasn't changed for thousands of years.

Writing changes my perspective on life, and gives it harmony.

I encourage you to find your words.

~cft

No comments:

Post a Comment