Thursday, March 24, 2011

Supportive

I grabbed the phone.

Is this really happening to me?



I have a problem. -  I need advice.  -  Something is driving me crazy.

The storm is tossing my boat from one wave to the next.

The ocean is about to eat me alive.

Yet...

My main support beam keeps my boat on course.  

Holds my mast steady, keeps my boat together.

  And the sea settles.

The sun rises.

And there is a calm.



No matter what the situation is, support is on the other side of the phone.

Or on the passenger side of the car.

Across the living room on the couch.

Sitting next to you in church.

Being supportive is not answering all of life's questions because "Supportive" is not "Solutions".

Supportive is a quiet ear.

A gentle word.

A loving hug.

It's always there.


1 Peter 3:8 

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

~cft


1 comment: