Thursday, May 12, 2011

Struggle

As many of us are finding out, struggle is becoming a part of our daily life.  And it's getting worse.  We, as a consumer culture, unfortunately have a tendency to destroy the things we need to build us up.  Not only that, but we try to capitalize on the destruction, and then capitalize on the rebuilding.  The line drawn between "doing well" and "on state support" is getting surprisingly close together.  As anyone if they can go 4 weeks without pay.  See what kind of results you get.  ~But we know this already.~ We know what can be done, we even know what will be done.

We will struggle to live, we will struggle to provide, we will struggle to continue down the path of destruction, and we will struggle to continue up the path of righteousness.

We struggle for privacy, we struggle for community, we struggle with communication, we struggle in silence.

Usually I am the one with the words. I am the one that provides an opinion. I am the one that motivates.

But I am at a loss.  I have been surrounded by struggle for so long, I don't even know where to start pulling.  How do you break a pattern ingrained in every person?

I need your help with this one.

Leave me a comment and let me know how you can overcome your struggles.

1 comment:

  1. This is a tough one Charlie. The only thing I can add is that making a plan sometimes work. I write down a sort of list. Like to do. But its a to do of different ways I can over come any struggles that I have. Truth be told, some take awhile to over come. But a positive attitude and a plan always helps me. Hope this helps you in some way.

    ReplyDelete