Thursday, October 13, 2011

Back to Abnormal

I wonder if it's a coincidence that I was born in an age that is sure to be defined by ADD and OCD.

There are many people who do the same thing over and over, and are very pleased with the results.  I'm just not one of those people.  I really don't know if it's the chaos, or the normalcy I try to pull from being in the chaos that drives me into this state of change.  

I know at least a few people who will read the title and think: "When was he ever normal?"

But seriously, I am ready to jump head first back into chaos.  Get my brain moving, and churn some ideas out.  People start to work out so their body looks and feels like they want it to. (I probably need to do that too.) - same concept.

Every year I sit down and look through my "List".  I view my list as a cat - stuck in a tree.  I want to do so many things, jump on so many branches, chase so many squirrels  (if you are not thinking of Wart and Merlin right now, shame on you) - but I am too scared to do any of it.  But, around the time of my birthday, I shake the hell out of the tree. 

One year, I was actually in Carmen (the opera). Pictures are somewhere...
Another year I started my book (I have about 25,000 words - I just need to finish that thing!)
But lately, I haven't been shaking anything.  It may because my life as a whole really hasn't stopped shaking!  

I think the time has come.  Life has to go back to abnormal.

Let's shake some trees...



(Original Art By: Anita Wood "Sunrise on Mill Street")

~cft

No comments:

Post a Comment