Friday, November 18, 2011

A Must Write

There are a bunch of lists online...Must See's and Must Read's; this is my Must Write.

First of all if this is the first post you are reading on Polar Bears and Peanuts: Welcome.

Second: I don't punctuate correctly, and if it wasn't for the red squiggly line under misspelled words I wouldn't be able to spell words like punctuate.  So, if you are scrolling through, and you find a few errors - trust me, you're not the first.

I feel like everyone has a Must Write.

Usually it appears as a biography, a depiction of the up's and down's of what you have personally been through.

But recently I have found that my "Must Write's" are very small.  Paragraph's, sentences, a word or two.

It doesn't have to be much to influence and change; to inspire or motivate.  In fact, it's the shortest glimpses that provide the clearest views into the depths of someone's soul.

In a society of Status Updates and Tweets, our culture is filled with writing.  A lot of it is something we should (and do) skip over.  But every once in a while I find someone's "Must Write".

Take the time to enjoy those small and opportune moments when someone is opening up their soul to you.

So take the opportunity to create your own "Must Write".  And don't worry about punctuation, there's an app for that.


Original Art By: Mike Fisk

~Charlie Trendal

No comments:

Post a Comment