Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Nothing Even Matters

Lauryn Hill quoted it best: "nothing even matters".

She, was talking love, but you can use this sentiment in every area of your life.  Because, seriously, nothing even matters.

Nothing matters but what matters to you.  For me:

Nothing even matters but my children.

Nothing even matters but the love I have for my wife.

Nothing even matters but the music in my ears.

Nothing even matters but the words I write.

Nothing even matters but my motivation.

Nothing even matters but my dreams.

Forget what the world has to say about it.  Do what you have to, to make everything disappear but what matters.

You don't have to wait to be perfect.  Trust me.  Take it from someone who drinks, starts arguments, and carries what feels like the weight of the Earth on his shoulders...nothing even matters.

Start writing, start reading, start taking chances, start believing in yourself.

Start putting action to your dreams.

Start what you thought couldn't be started. 

The path you have traveled life on has given you the experiences you need for your future.  You have what it takes.  Grab for it.  Jump, because nothing even matters.  Know you may fall, know you may fail.  But nothing even matters but what you are reaching for.  Remove every obstacle.  Become the person you want to be.


~cft

No comments:

Post a Comment