Friday, December 9, 2011

Statement of Purpose

I have entitled this blog post: Statement of Purpose.

There are a couple of reasons behind why, but the main one being: I need to define it in my own life.  I find that if I put it down on (digital) paper I am much more likely to follow through with what my words have outlined.

A Statement of Purpose, in my opinion (and those of Google users) is something that defines who you are.

A statement of what you have become to this very moment.  However, it is also a fork in the road, and the path you are choosing to walk in the future.

I don't believe in holding strong to the statement, as I think flexibility and versatility make the strongest people.  However, a statement offers a solid foundation on which you can build upon.

My statement of purpose is:

Parenthood is an organization I have been blessed to be a part of.  Over the next 2 years I would love to push forward my involvement in my children's lives.  Marketers spend years mulling over what will be impressionable to the youth today.  Little do most parents know - we, the parents - are the most influential people in our children's lives.

My goal is to stop.  Seriously stop what I am doing, and focus on my kids.  The love that radiates from a child is absolutely the most wonderful thing on this earth.  I have realized my kids are not getting any younger.  In fact, my son is draft eligible in 9 years.  That's really scary.  What will everything look like then? 9 years ago we didn't have iPhones or DVR's...what are my kids going to be faced with?



This blog showcases my hobbies (gardening, music, etc.), and it offers inspiration and motivation to those who are searching for it.  But this Statement of Purpose really defines me - and the me I want to see in the future.

I'd continue to write, but my son wants to play football.  I'll write more later.

~cft

No comments:

Post a Comment