Friday, August 30, 2013

Life's Blank Page

Life's Blank Page

Why does a blank page always beckon me?  Why is it that my soul’s deepest desire is to write?
I’m not a good speaker.  I usually can’t put all of my thoughts into a cognizant sentence before many people lose interest.  I’m definitely not good at grammar.  And let’s not even talk about my spelling.  (Thanks Spell Check People).  Yet I continue to write.  Scribble.  Type.  Jot.  And obviously ramble (in fragmented sentences, no less).  Something draws me to a pen and paper; a blank word document; a pencil and a scrap piece of paper.

As life seems to continue to fly past, I can always remember and smile when reading old notes.
When life throws a curve, I can write my way into the future, planning and dreaming the next home run.
It has occurred to me that passion is not a candle that is lit and burns out after time.
Passion for what you love is something that never dies down.  It can never be snuffed out.
There will be a continuous burn in your soul.  Day In and Day Out.  I don’t know how to control it. And I have come to the conclusion that I wouldn't even if I could.

And the awesome news is I see that passion in my kids.  

With hockey and piano.  With chess and swimming. With love for their family.
The building blocks of life are self-realizations.  My hope is that these kids will come to realize as much as possible before heading out into this massively crazy planet.  The only things I can do: show by example, encourage their passion, and educate at every turn of the road.

I want to be the ear they look for when they have a broken heart.
I want to be the smile they see when their passion is realized.
I want the tears, the laughs, the inside jokes.

And I will continue to write all of it down.  Continue to scribble my thoughts, hopes and dreams.


So, until the next story…

No comments:

Post a Comment